One (1) winner will win a six night (6) night holiday (including return flights from the UK to Houston, and accommodation (3 nights Houston, 3 nights San Antonio) plus several experiences / attractions in each of the destinations. (“the Prize”):
1) *Prize is subject to availability. Prizing will be awarded to winner in the form of certificate/gift card. It is up to the winner to make reservations for hotel and meals. Winner will need to arrange some excursions through a San Antonio and Houston company representative upon acceptance of the prizing.
2) The winner (or one member of the winning family) must hold a valid drivers license for the United Kingdom or Ireland (and be aged 21 of over). Any costs incurred in addition to the Prize package elements listed above (e.g food, drinks, transport, telephone charges, room service, laundry service, optional excursions, tips, souvenirs and any other incidental expenses) will be at the winners and their guests own expense. The late arrival of the winner and their guests may mean that their seats or tickets will be reallocated. The winner should make sure that they and their guests are on time. The Prize is subject to availability and standard booking terms and conditions. Economy flights provided as part of the prize cannot be upgraded and air miles cannot be collected. Travel insurance and transport to and from the airport in the UK are not included. Additional nights or adults will be charged at standard retail flights and accommodation rates. The flights and accommodation must be taken in one trip. Both hotels and flights are subject to availability. The Prize is non-transferable, non-endorsable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There are no cash alternatives and the promoter’s decision is final and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer. Once the winner selects their required dates for travel and the dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee payable by the winner for any changes made to the reservation by the winner. If the winner cancels the booking the winner shall no longer be eligible for the Prize and an alternative prize will not be provided. The winner and their guests are solely responsible for their own passports, visas, insurance, any vaccinations or other travel costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize (including but not limited to spending money, supplementary meal/drink choices, tips and domestic transport). The winner accepts that the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use his/her name and county of residence for the purposes of announcing the prize.
CONTEST: The Contest begins May 11 2016 and ends July 18, 2016 at 5.59pm GMT ("Contest Period"). During the Contest Period, log onto ttg.com and enter to win (please note that the campaign is also being promoted via the campaign microsite – www.rootsandbootsoftexas.co.uk) and also by TTG (ttg.com). All databases will be pulled together and a random entry will be drawn July 18, 2016. Winner will be notified via email and/or voicemail on that day.
3. REQUIREMENTS: No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or to win. The Contest is subject to applicable U.S. federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants must be legal residents of the United Kingdom. You must be 21 or over and have a valid United Kingdom drivers licence to enter. Open to residents of the United Kingdom.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Information required on the entry form consists of: your first and last name, e-mail address. You must have a valid e-mail address to participate in the Contest. Entry Limitations: each participant is allowed only one (1) entry per email address. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple emails under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of the above entry limitation or who otherwise violates these Official Rules will be disqualified. The San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau may use this personal information to notify you about new promotions or other newsworthy information. If the San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau does use your information to notify you of promotions or other newsworthy information, it will provide you with an email address by which you may inform us that you do not wish to receive such materials in the future.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are 21 years of age or older. Employees of the San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau and its affiliated companies (including parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries) and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win prizes. The term, "immediate family members," includes spouses, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and persons with whom the employee is domiciled.
Grand Prize: The San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau and various partners will give away one (1) grand prize – Please see above. Winners will be randomly drawn on July 18, 2016 by 11:59PM GMT. These offers are not redeemable for cash and must be redeemed for the year 2016/17 (and must not be taken before October 2016), or unless otherwise noted in expiration. Winner must sign and return San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau Winner Release form and provide a copy of legal identification such as a passport or drivers license in order to claim prizing. The San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau also reserves the rights to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the giveaways at any time. All other expenses relating to the Grand Prize packages not specified are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalent is available. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein.
One (1) Random Grand Prize Winner will receive:
*Winner will be provided a suggested itinerary based on prizing below.
*Prizing will be awarded to winner in the form of certificate/gift card. It is up to the winner to make reservations for hotel and meals. Winner will need to arrange some excursions through a San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau representative upon acceptance of the prizing. Vehicle rental is recommended.
7. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of people who enter the contest. The winner will be selected in a random drawing.
8. NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified of the prize via email and/or voicemail, July 18 2016. If the potential winner (s) cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) business days, or the San Antonio and San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau’s notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits all rights to the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. Winner must sign and return the San Antonio and Houston San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitor Bureau winner release form and provide a copy of an official identification card such as a government issued driver’s license or passport before prizing will be awarded to winner. Prizes will be delivered to winners via standard shipping by standard carrier or can be picked up at the San Antonio and Houston CVB office located at 317 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX 78205 and 1331 Lamar St #700, Houston, TX 77010
9. WINNER ACCEPTANCE: The winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. The winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. As a condition of receiving a prize, the winner acknowledges that failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of the San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau, result in winner's disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner's consent to the publication of his or her name and image (if a picture has been provided by the winner) in online promotional announcements and other promotional material and to the inclusion of his or her name and image in any other related publications or web sites for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or additional compensation.
10. PARTICIPATION: Participation in the Contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules. The San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of the Contest. In the unlikely event, please note that the promoters (San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau) have the right to change / amend the contest at any stage.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by the claimant, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but expressly excluding claimant's attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and the San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions of any other jurisdiction that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other Contest materials. The headings are for convenience only. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Contest, you release the San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau its vendors or promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies (including parents, affiliates and subsidiaries), directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
14. CONTACT: The Contest is sponsored by the San Antonio and Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau, 317 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX 78205 and 1331 Lamar St #700, Houston, TX 77010
whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of Contest shall be in its sole discretion, final, and binding in all respects. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please e-mail: email@example.com
15. By entering this competition, you agree to your details being shared with competition partners for marketing purposes*.
*Travelpromos, Visit San Antonio, Visit Houston, United Airlines, Hayes and Jarvis.